Havoc Havoc
Sign in to follow this  
Glue Sniffer

Balancing slayer

My suggestion is plain simple : Add slayer mystery box which would have a drop rate 1/100 when player is on a slayer task. (1/50 in wilderness)

Pros: 

• Would balance low level slayer
  • Could be potentially one of the best alternative as money making - alternative for skilling -  for new players 
  • Some monsters do not have any drops which should not be like that IMO (Kurasks)
  • Would increase the amount of players in wilderness for sure if the drop rate of slayer box would be two times more common
  • Wilderness would be more popular as more pvmers would go in

Cons: 

• May affect some other money making methods (although I believe slayer should be one of the best money making method as player cannot really choose the task they would like to get - it's random)
  • Would influence economy in a minor way (more items would be added to game yet people would not be adding more items in the alternative money making method way)

I am not fully aware of how drop rolling works so I will not give direct values on rolls but a percentage.

Potential rolls in the slayer box : 

Double roll when opening the box 

Green rarity - 95% to roll something on green

Orange rarity - 4% to roll something on orange

Red rarity- 1% to roll something on red

• Grimy avantoe x100
  • Grimy ranarr x100
  • Grimy torstol x100
  • Grimy snapdragon x100
  • Grimy toadflax x100
  • Grimy cadantine x100
  • Grimy avantoe x100
  • Adamant bar x100
  • Mithril bar x100
  • Rune bar x100
  • Uncut sapphire x100
  • Uncut emerald x100
  • Uncut ruby x100
  • Uncut diamond x100
  • Abyssal whip
  • Dragon Boots x2
  • Dark Bow
  • Dharok box set
  • Guthan box set
  • Karil box set
  • Ahrim box set
  • Verac box set
  • Torag box set
  • Staff of light
  • Bandos chestplate
  • Bandos tassets
  • Iron bar (I just like to see the world on fire)
  • Vesta's longsword
  • Korasi's sword
  • Dragon claws 
  • Armadyl godsword
  • Armadyl chestplate
  • Armadyl chainskirt
  • Dragonfire shield
  • Chaotic rapier 
  • Chaotic crossbow
  • Chaotic staff
  • Blood necklace

Yes, I am aware of the rare drop table - it's op! No, it's really not. Some calculations 

95x2=190% to get green rarity items

4x2=8% to get orange rarity items

2x1=2% to get red rarity items 

0.02*50=1 (1 roll in red rarity item list once every 50 boxes) but to get 50 boxes it requires 5000 slayer monster kills (or 2500 in wilderness) and that takes a very long time in general

Slayer should be profitable little bit less than bossing since you cannot choose what would you like to slay and currently when some monsters barely have any drops or don't have a drop table at all.

Item list is not set in stones or anything it could be totally different, just the idea of having boxes from slayer :)

I'd gladly hear your feedback about this!

• Like 1

I like where you're going with this.  But I feel like the rewards should be more based on slayer items instead of boss drop tables.  Example for your red rarity might be a slayer helm, hex crest, focus sight, things like that.  Could another possibility be introducing a new slayer item only obtainable through these Slayer Mystery Boxes?  I would like to see something like this added sort of in a manner as OSRS did the superior drop tables for imbued heart and what not.  But anyhow +1 on this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skillscape said:

I like where you're going with this.  But I feel like the rewards should be more based on slayer items instead of boss drop tables.  Example for your red rarity might be a slayer helm, hex crest, focus sight, things like that.  Could another possibility be introducing a new slayer item only obtainable through these Slayer Mystery Boxes?  I would like to see something like this added sort of in a manner as OSRS did the superior drop tables for imbued heart and what not.  But anyhow +1 on this.

Oh yeah that would be great as well! +1 

I really like the idea of having a slayer mystery box, I agree with skillscape though it should be more based on slayer items more :D but honestly a really great idea, keep up the suggestions pal :D

53 minutes ago, Dual said:

I really like the idea of having a slayer mystery box, I agree with skillscape though it should be more based on slayer items more :D but honestly a really great idea, keep up the suggestions pal :D

I like that idea of making it more related to slayer but there comes a problem with it - slayer related items will go down in no time because not really everyone do slayer. Some people pk only and don't need any slayer related items so it's less demand for slayer items in general than boss drops. And the amount of slayer related items is quite low to be fair. so if you hit the rare drop table everyone will get the same drops and nobody gonna need any after 2 weeks, but with high tier items - everyone needs them and always will I suppose. :P 

Still just my opinion, I mean I would like to have it more slayer related but is it really doable with no negative effect on economy. :P If a new item gets added like imbued heart or anything that well would be nice to put in the potentially new slayer box! :) 

55 minutes ago, Glue Sniffer said:

I like that idea of making it more related to slayer but there comes a problem with it - slayer related items will go down in no time because not really everyone do slayer. Some people pk only and don't need any slayer related items so it's less demand for slayer items in general than boss drops. And the amount of slayer related items is quite low to be fair. so if you hit the rare drop table everyone will get the same drops and nobody gonna need any after 2 weeks, but with high tier items - everyone needs them and always will I suppose. :P 

Still just my opinion, I mean I would like to have it more slayer related but is it really doable with no negative effect on economy. :P If a new item gets added like imbued heart or anything that well would be nice to put in the potentially new slayer box! :) 

or maybe have some slayer related items and some boss items on the rare drop table of the slayer mystery box, so its best of both worlds :D maybe have the boss drop a bit more rare than the slayer items gives people more of a reason to keep doing slayer to get the items :D honestly I really do like this idea ,thank you for replying and making such a great suggestion :D

One item I could see on the drop table would be Imbued Heart.  It is usable in pvp and pvm, and would do well to help out the economy after being introduced.  The main thing is having items that won't take away from another part of the game.

This is a nice idea, but items such as the bars need to be bumped up a level tbh. The x100 rune bars is pretty op for a common imo. Maybe tone down the rare ones too. :P

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Littlee said:

This is a nice idea, but items such as the bars need to be bumped up a level tbh. The x100 rune bars is pretty op for a common imo. Maybe tone down the rare ones too. :P

Yeah probably, I was unsure of the item quantity or the drop table itself. Just focus on the idea :D 

I mean 1000 kills to get a dark bow or whip or barrows set seems fair IMO. :P 

Edited by Glue Sniffer

I like this idea, but as been said the drops should more around slayer. Maybe even add some new items (leaf bladed axe/imbued heart/slayer staff?)

On 3/20/2018 at 9:28 AM, Skillscape said:

i really like the whole idea, expect i think it should be more like this. more items slayer related. and a slayer item only obtained through this box would be sweet