Havoc Havoc
Sign in to follow this  
Cndbzrkr

Help/Trade CC

Ever since the change to help/trade CC forcing people to join trade cc to buy/sell. There has been A LOT of complaints from the majority of players. The easiest fix is quite simple.

Make trade CC the default one that everyone joins while spawning. The majority of the community will be in the trade cc making it easier to reach the most people. Currently, There are around 7 to 15 people in trade cc at once, while 70-120 people in help cc. And to be fair, most of these people in help CC are there because they are too lazy to switch. If someone would need help they would go out of their way to join help cc, same could be said for trade but since the change we have had the proof that the trade CC is a failure.

Let me know what you think.

I don't think making trade cc default for new players should happen, new players will need help more than trading when they start since they wont have much money to trade with, the trade cc was made a rule since help questions was being missed and staff was then getting pm'd about not being of much help due to the amount of people buying and selling. there are other ways to buy and sell items such as ::yell or at home or even using discord trade chat that means you can be in both at the same time. as for it being a failure if people used the trade cc more instead of saying it doesn't work or its a failure or even not many people in the cc then there wouldn't be a problem nor a failure with said cc. thank you for making a topic about it though :D

Posted (edited)

I am trying to make a proper trade chat discussion.

Currently people are not delighted with the trading in trade chat due to reasons such as :

• Lack of players in the trade clan chat
  • People's inactivity while being in trade chat

I have some potential fixes : 

1. Add ::helpcc & ::tradecc commands for people to hop more easily between those two clan chats

2. Allow people to trade in "help" clan chat                                                                                                                                   This is probably the most requested within the community, when players join the server they are instantly thrown in the "help" clan chat. There are many staff members in game most of the time, why are they there for? To help and guide as far as I know, people who need quick help can ask questions in help chat other than that I think they should pm directly to staff members, there are not that many new players and the player base itself that staff members can't handle the help requests, especially via PM. There are 50-150 players online usually, there is slight possibility that "help" chat would be flooded with selling & buying, even if it would, there are staff members to take care of it - watch if people are not spamming; simply yell that players can pm them for help and answer to their questions. Honestly I don't see what's the issue here, why can't people trade in "help" chat? Well "help" chat is meant for helping players hence the "help" - just name it "havoc" :D No hate on staff members, really, I just really do believe that allowing players to trade in the "help" chat would help this fighting between staff members and players. :) 

3. Implement system where regular players can yell as well but once in about 10 minutes for example with a requirement of 24hrs gameplay / 1500 total level

4. Implement algorithm for "help" clan chat that if a player starts sentence with "selling"; "sell"; "","buying"; that would make player to hop onto the trade clan chat

5. Staff command to make player leave clan chat and join "trade" chat instead ::trade [player name] or anything really

6. Staff players (or everyone, just staff members have permission) are able to right click on player in clan chat to throw them in "trade" one

A lot of people are complaining about this often, so I'd recommend giving this attention as soon as possible really. With people not able to buy/sell it's an iron man mode for the whole server :D 

Adding a single item from the list would not solve the problem unless it's the number 2 suggestion.

I'd really like to hear your opinion on this issue, especially on the 2nd suggestion I think the idea of not allowing players to trade in help chat hasn't been thought through

Edited by Glue Sniffer

No offense, but this is the stupidest suggestion I've seen. I understand the whole confusion with the rules and see the point to why players want it changed, but why would a server make the default clan chat "Trade" and not "Help"? New players aren't going to join in and want to instantly trade stuff, they're going to have questions.

As for Glue's topic (I merged them because they're the exact same discussion), these have all been talked about before, just has color added to the post..

1 hour ago, Littlee said:

No offense, but this is the stupidest suggestion I've seen. I understand the whole confusion with the rules and see the point to why players want it changed, but why would a server make the default clan chat "Trade" and not "Help"? New players aren't going to join in and want to instantly trade stuff, they're going to have questions.

1. There are staff members to help new players.. and there are regular players yelling to help people as well

2. There are not enough players to maintain the "trade clan chat", at least at the moment. With 100 players online there are 10 people at the most usually, if there are more then usually people are AFK because they are tired of selling/buying nothing

3. There are plenty of guides on forums already, just make people visit forums at least once when they start someone who has a lot of knowledge can make the ultimate guide for the server - misc (custom interface, stats, item explanation) & maybe money making

4. Having people trading in the main clan chat would give new players general idea of the economy as well

5. Just because people can trade in main clan chat doesn't make it into "trade" one, obviously staff member should watch out if people are spamming, but currently staff has to keep track of the chat as well if people are flaming etc.

I honestly don't know what's so hard to understand here :D there is a huge issue here - players cannot buy/sell items properly, not even on forums, that's dead content as well (buying/selling wise)

You can now trade in any CC you wish (help included), personally have had enough of this discussion

• Like 1