Havoc Havoc
FP

Droprate increase

Hi,

I have been wondering how droprate increases work. I have been told that it increases the likelyhood to get any drop by a percentage (can be checked with ::droprate). Does this mean that basically nothing changes as the proportions remain the same or does it influence this differently and how does it influence rare drops?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

This should be answered directly by @Crux in my opinion, there are so many ways how can you implement drop rate increase I am pretty sure. It would be really useful if Crux would enlighten us all :P:) 

How ring of wealth on osrs works though (as far as I know): 

Drop table 1 (100% to roll everything on the list)

Item 1 100%

Item 2 100% 

Drop table 2 (100% to roll something)

20% item 3 

25% item 4

50% item 5 

20% Nothing

5% Drop table 3 roll

Drop table 3

50% item 6

20% item 7

30% nothing

What ring of wealth does is decreases chance of getting nothing in drop table 3 so increasing chance to get any item

OR

decreasing the chance to get certain items in the drop table 3 so it's higher chance to get other items in general

But it does not increase the chance to roll more often the drop table 3 iteself

Edited by Glue Sniffer

Posted (edited)

Assuming it works te same as in osrs.

Droptable example. 
Item 1: 1/1000
Item 2: 1/500
Item 3: 1/500
Item 4: 1/100

First you roll a imaginary 1000 sided dice and only 1 space is the correct one. You miss it.
second you roll a 500 sided dice for the 1/500 items and only 1 space is the correct one. You hit the correct space. 
          - Now you will roll a 2 sided dice each side representing a specific item (item 2 or 3)

Now let's say I have a ring of wealth equipped and get a 15% increase in droprate. The 1/1000 droprate will become a 1/(1000/1.15) ≃ 1/870 chance. 

This is just an easy (but semi-accurate) explained example, but if you want I could give you the full statistical explanation with an actual drop-table :). It would take some time, but I love math and wouldn't mind if enough people are interested

Edited by Utriballll

This has been answered by Crux before, It does increase the chance at every single item on the drop table, So yes commons are even more common, but it also makes rares more common ;P

3 minutes ago, Avi said:

This has been answered by Crux before, It does increase the chance at every single item on the drop table, So yes commons are even more common, but it also makes rares more common ;P

That's what FP is saying too, but his question is how ;) 

2 minutes ago, Utriballll said:

That's what FP is saying too, but his question is how ;) 

Was answering the "does everything stay the same" bit

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.