Sign in to follow this  
Lawrence

::afk

11 posts in this topic

Somewhat pointless, but nevertheless, helps not to waste people's time trying to get hold of someone

An ::afk command that sits you on a deck chair or is in some sort of animation to let people know you're afk? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The suggestions right now are blazin' with ideas and this is the least appealing one to do and code, maybe after some of the suggested things are done and there's not much left to do.

Also instead of that to save time coding and finding the animation set a location to the ::afk command and just dump yourself there along with other afk people with something simple like:

if (playerCommand.equals("afk")) {
c.getPA().startTeleport(x, y, 0,); 
}

I think this can be done in literally seconds, and would desaturate afk people at edgeville, but regardless it all unimportant and pointless to some extent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Doc said:

The suggestions right now are blazin' with ideas and this is the least appealing one to do and code, maybe after some of the suggested things are done and there's not much left to do.

Also instead of that to save time coding and finding the animation set a location to the ::afk command and just dump yourself there along with other afk people with something simple like:

if (playerCommand.equals("afk")) {
c.getPA().startTeleport(x, y, 0,); 
}

I think this can be done in literally seconds, and would desaturate afk people at edgeville, but regardless it all unimportant and pointless to some extent.

Would be a better idea tbh, Like an island that once you're afk for like 15 minutes or so you get sent there automatically. :P

 

It's not really needed, but if Crux has time on his hands why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hence the "somewhat pointless" statement. My thoughts were if there's time for it to be done, sure. I just remember i'd seen it on other servers, whether it's an animation or a location. But thanks for the feedback :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe also once you have been afk for like 15 mins it puts a little symbol next to your name in the friends list or clan chat so players know that person is afk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either that, or just have the player sit on the ground like the "Rest" feature runescape used to have for restoring run energy?

 

Would be a lot easier to code

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Lawrence said:

Somewhat pointless, but nevertheless, helps not to waste people's time trying to get hold of someone

An ::afk command that sits you on a deck chair or is in some sort of animation to let people know you're afk? :P

I see the appeal in the idea, but at the same time our developers could better spend there time adding content with more pull than ones like this! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 1st said:

I see the appeal in the idea, but at the same time our developers could better spend there time adding content with more pull than ones like this! 

I understand that, that's why I addressed that issue in the 2 posts I made :')

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Skillscape said:

I like this idea mostly because it's simple and there are many ppl who tend to afk a lot at times.

If the ::afk option were say remove a player from the "online" player count, we would heavily benefit. I find it quite annoying when I see the player count at 160 and there are 55 afk players online...

Edited by 1st

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pointless like you said :P

Heads towards the completely Custom RSPS servers where you get bloody sniper guns and what not

Also, takes a few seconds to see that someone is AFK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.