Jump to content
Havoc Havoc
Sign in to follow this  
V 4 N S

Question about Drop Rate

Recommended Posts

Does drop rate % increase affect the drop rate of rares in caskets, clue scrolls, and shooting star rewards? 

Edited by V 4 N S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bonuses are usually added at the end of the equation and then randomises, so I would assume, but I also remember one of the staff members (can't remember who) said it does not affect anything that is not an "NPC".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Doc said:

The bonuses are usually added at the end of the equation and then randomises, so I would assume, but I also remember one of the staff members (can't remember who) said it does not affect anything that is not an "NPC".

That's why I was wondering if it does. I heard some mixed things about that. I have two accounts and one ring of wealth and keep trading it for shooting stars. I was just wondering if it was pointless to keep doing that. Clarification would be nice. 

Edited by V 4 N S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, V 4 N S said:

That's why I was wondering if it does. I heard some mixed things about that. I have two accounts and one ring of wealth and keep trading it for shooting stars. I was just wondering if it was pointless to keep doing that. 

In most servers, they specify the fact only NPCs are affected by drop rate bonuses with something like or any other form of the following

Server.playerHandler.players[npcs[i].killedBy];
//or
NPCDropsTable.dropsRarity.get(Integer.valueOf(npcs[i].npcType))).intValue();

So it's safe to assume this server follows that path.

Edited by Doc
Markdown
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Doc said:

In most servers, they specify the fact only NPCs are affected by drop rate bonuses with something like or any other form of the following

Server.playerHandler.players[npcs[i].killedBy];
//or
NPCDropsTable.dropsRarity.get(Integer.valueOf(npcs[i].npcType))).intValue();

So it's safe to assume this server follows that path.

Hopefully @Crux or someone else on the team can clarify for certainty. I don't really like making longterm assumptions (like chasing after the rares in the shooting star drop table). 

Edited by V 4 N S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drop rate increase only affects NPC drop tables.

 

Things it does not affect on Drop tables: Clue scrolls, Ancient effigy's, Pets, Mysterious emblems (from Slayer), Looting bag (from Slayer), Caskets, Ecumenical keys, Instance scrolls and defenders.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Crux said:

Drop rate increase only affects NPC drop tables.

 

Things it does not affect on Drop tables: Clue scrolls, Ancient effigy's, Pets, Mysterious emblems (from Slayer), Looting bag (from Slayer), Caskets, Ecumenical keys, Instance scrolls and defenders.

Really good info, thanks! It'd be helpful if this was stated somewhere besides here for other newer players who might be wondering this too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Crux said:

Drop rate increase only affects NPC drop tables.

 

Things it does not affect on Drop tables: Clue scrolls, Ancient effigy's, Pets, Mysterious emblems (from Slayer), Looting bag (from Slayer), Caskets, Ecumenical keys, Instance scrolls and defenders.

Thanks i thought so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Crux said:

Drop rate increase only affects NPC drop tables.

 

Things it does not affect on Drop tables: Clue scrolls, Ancient effigy's, Pets, Mysterious emblems (from Slayer), Looting bag (from Slayer), Caskets, Ecumenical keys, Instance scrolls and defenders.

Just another thlught--does that mean technically that higher drop rate affects pvp drops from ep? Or is that also included on the list.

Edited by V 4 N S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, V 4 N S said:

Just another thlught--does that mean technically that higher drop rate affects pvp drops from ep? Or is that also included on the list.

 

18 hours ago, Crux said:

Drop rate increase only affects NPC drop tables.

:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×