Havoc Havoc
Sign in to follow this  
V 4 N S

Question about Drop Rate

Does drop rate % increase affect the drop rate of rares in caskets, clue scrolls, and shooting star rewards? 

Edited by V 4 N S

The bonuses are usually added at the end of the equation and then randomises, so I would assume, but I also remember one of the staff members (can't remember who) said it does not affect anything that is not an "NPC".

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

The bonuses are usually added at the end of the equation and then randomises, so I would assume, but I also remember one of the staff members (can't remember who) said it does not affect anything that is not an "NPC".

That's why I was wondering if it does. I heard some mixed things about that. I have two accounts and one ring of wealth and keep trading it for shooting stars. I was just wondering if it was pointless to keep doing that. Clarification would be nice. 

Edited by V 4 N S

15 minutes ago, V 4 N S said:

That's why I was wondering if it does. I heard some mixed things about that. I have two accounts and one ring of wealth and keep trading it for shooting stars. I was just wondering if it was pointless to keep doing that. 

In most servers, they specify the fact only NPCs are affected by drop rate bonuses with something like or any other form of the following

Server.playerHandler.players[npcs[i].killedBy];
//or
NPCDropsTable.dropsRarity.get(Integer.valueOf(npcs[i].npcType))).intValue();

So it's safe to assume this server follows that path.

Edited by Doc
Markdown
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

In most servers, they specify the fact only NPCs are affected by drop rate bonuses with something like or any other form of the following

Server.playerHandler.players[npcs[i].killedBy];
//or
NPCDropsTable.dropsRarity.get(Integer.valueOf(npcs[i].npcType))).intValue();

So it's safe to assume this server follows that path.

Hopefully @Crux or someone else on the team can clarify for certainty. I don't really like making longterm assumptions (like chasing after the rares in the shooting star drop table). 

Edited by V 4 N S

Drop rate increase only affects NPC drop tables.

Things it does not affect on Drop tables: Clue scrolls, Ancient effigy's, Pets, Mysterious emblems (from Slayer), Looting bag (from Slayer), Caskets, Ecumenical keys, Instance scrolls and defenders.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crux said:

Things it does not affect on Drop tables: Clue scrolls, Ancient effigy's, Pets, Mysterious emblems (from Slayer), Looting bag (from Slayer), Caskets, Ecumenical keys, Instance scrolls and defenders.

Really good info, thanks! It'd be helpful if this was stated somewhere besides here for other newer players who might be wondering this too. 

7 hours ago, Crux said:

Thanks i thought so.

18 hours ago, Crux said:

Just another thlught--does that mean technically that higher drop rate affects pvp drops from ep? Or is that also included on the list.

Edited by V 4 N S

34 minutes ago, V 4 N S said:

Just another thlught--does that mean technically that higher drop rate affects pvp drops from ep? Or is that also included on the list.

18 hours ago, Crux said:

:)

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this