Crux

Game Updates - 01/15/2018

Greetings Havoc community members - I hope everyone had an excellent holiday. I'd like to apologize for the lack of updates recently, I was away with family from the 24th until the 3rd roughly. Lots of work has gone into correcting some of the annoying issues we have been experiencing lately which is another cause of the delay.

Anyway with that preface out of the way, we have some juicy updates for you. :)

Client updates:

• Members in your clan chat will now be shown in blue on the minimap
  • The maximum zoom distance when in resizable has been decreased
  • The "General store" in the room north of the bank has been renamed to "Supplies store"
  • Several visual bugs have been corrected (such as stat legs+dragon boots)
  • Resizable mode now has an extended render distance when zoomed out, note that this feature cannot be toggled and uses more resources than before

Server updates:

• Fix Player deserializer database task not closing after consumer is accepted, causing players to see "Your account is currently online", when it isn't. Also the cause of many staff logging commands not being able to be executed
  • Fix crash when drinking sanfew and regular restore potions
  • TzTok Jad will no longer have their healers remain after you or they have died
  • Gargoyle's have been fixed, you should no longer be unable to attack them when someone leaves the kill unfinished
  • Gargoyle's attack distance has been corrected
  • You can no longer infinitely run while using CTRL with no energy
  • "A bird's nest falls out of the tree" message will no longer be sent when mining a clue geode
  • Pets now use a simple route finder, they can and will get stuck on objects more easily in order to prevent some unresponsiveness caused by excessive pets
  • Following now uses a simple route finder, you can and will get stuck on objects more easily in order to prevent some unresponsiveness caused by excessive player following
  • Fix wilderness ditch making players bunny hop/lock them in place as their action was interrupted
  • Fix wilderness ditch forcing your character to turn around when hoping
  • The bug which caused you to still be attackable when frozen outside the wilderness has been fixed
  • You can no longer interact with the bank chest from the wilderness ditch
  • Fix special cases where certain special attacks would ignore protection prayers (occurred with a lot of specials, most notably Korasi)
  • You can no longer be poisoned or frozen during the tutorial
  • The lever at the deserted keep has been added
  • Fix object interaction not cancelling current actions (i.e using bank command while runecrafting)
  • Fix magic/yew tree area route finding
  • You now must be within 1 space of a lever in order to use it (cannot be used through walls etc anymore)
  • When entering a FFA lobby or game the effects of an overload potion will now wear off
  • When duo-slaying you and your partner can no longer kill the same npc for a double-kill
  • The stray lava dragon found near Lizardmen has been removed
  • Colored dark bows are no longer 1 tick faster on rapid compared to the normal dark bow
  • Fixed bug with NPC aggression allowing more than one NPC on you in a non-multi area
  • Ancestral armor can now be worn

• The Inferno:
    • Multiple attempts at The Inferno will no longer put you on wave 2 instead of wave 1
    • JalTok Jad will no longer have their healers remain after you or they have died
    • JalKek within The Inferno will no longer perform the revive animation when no monsters have died
    • JalNib will now spawn further apart
    • JalImKot will no longer burrow into positions which it will get stuck
    • Rocky Support boundaries have been touched up, you can now lure and range npcs from more correct distances
    • Several spawn points for bigger npcs have been corrected to prevent them from getting stuck
    • Fix Ancestral Glyph boundaries as well as positions its allowed to move to
  • Cerberus
    • Fix Cerberus safe spots
      • You can no longer drag Cerberus out of the arena, flames have been added which must be crossed
      • Flames deal 5 damage no matter which way you're crossing
      • Flames cannot be ranged/maged over
    • Summoned souls from Cerberus now have a maximum hit range of 32 tiles (previously 10), no avoiding them now
    • Lava pools spawned by Cerberus now properly explode after 17 ticks
  • Tormented demons
    • Tormented demons are no longer aggressive
    • Tormented demons will now change attack styles more often (double the rate compared to before)
    • HP increased to 300 from 250
    • When protecting melee they are weak to Range
    • When protecting mage they are weak to Melee
    • When protecting range they are weak to Magic
    • Attack styles are more random and less predictable
    • Dragon claws drop rate changes to 1/1000
    • Dragon claws have received a buff of 15% accuracy when using their special attack
  • Rock cake
    • The old "Rock cake" item is no longer functional. You can simply drop it
    • Add Dwarven rock cake to general store for both regular players and Ironmen
    • Add rock cake 'guzzle' option, it will deal 15% of your current health as damage when eaten, maximum damage is 10, minimum damage is 1
  • The cape rack
    • You can now purchase the trimmed and untrimmed music cape variants from the cape rack at home
    • You can now purchase cape hoods from the cape rack
    • The cape rack has had a nice visual upgrade
  • Ava's devices are now properly implemented
    • Ava's attractor will protect ammunition 50% of the time
    • Ava's accumulator will protect ammunition 72% of the time
  • You can now combine your max cape with a Fire cape, Infernal cape, God cape, Ardogune cloak, or Ava's device
    • Combining your max cape with one of your existing capes is just a cosmetic upgrade for the cape you've combined it with. You lose the max cape effects and stats
    • Ava's devices now work for the Blowpipe

• Ammunition will no longer spawn on tiles that are not reachable (i.e water when killing zulrah, etc)
  • The Completionist, Max or Range cape now provides the same effect as an accumulator
  • The Ring of Life has been correctly implemented and now works up to level 30 wilderness if you are not teleblocked
  • The Defence cape provides an always-on version of the Ring of Life
  • The Max cape provides an always-on version of the Ring of Life

Best regards,

Havoc Administration team

• Like 1
  • Epic 1

Good work!  How come we loose stats on the max caps when adding other capes to it though? Surely it should increase its stats?

25 minutes ago, A N T I said:

Good work!  How come we loose stats on the max caps when adding other capes to it though? Surely it should increase its stats?

That's how it is on OSRS, could change but it's staying how it is for now

6 minutes ago, xXMidget69Xx said:

Is the Ava Attractor in game already, or will it be in post patch?

It's the level 30 Ava's device. Currently not added as I don't see a need however the assembler is the new one released with DS2. I have it, however it isn't able to be achieved, yet.

4 minutes ago, Crux said:

It's the level 30 Ava's device. Currently not added as I don't see a need however the assembler is the new one released with DS2. I have it, however it isn't able to be achieved, yet.

Ah, clarky just pointed out the accumulator is actually the 72% avas, so not worried about the attractor

Awesome work. Do you think we'll see the vengeance/hp issues on the next update? 

2 minutes ago, V 4 N S said:

Awesome work. Do you think we'll see the vengeance/hp issues on the next update? 

A fix for it is included in this patch, however it's incorrect according to the people who I let test it, so I've omitted the change from the notes. I think I fixed the inconsistency, however I didn't get a chance to properly test. Let me know if it's any better :)

5 hours ago, Crux said:

A fix for it is included in this patch, however it's incorrect according to the people who I let test it, so I've omitted the change from the notes. I think I fixed the inconsistency, however I didn't get a chance to properly test. Let me know if it's any better :)

Awesome. Thanks for working on that! I'll test it today. I'll have a ton of time to pk :D

• Epic 1

2 hours ago, Podge Pvm said:

Thanks for the update! 

Maybe make Range Cape act as accumulator too? 

15 hours ago, Crux said:

The Completionist, Max or Range cape now provides the same effect as an accumulator

:thinking:

• Like 1

Can you give the tentacle whip some store value so it can be protected on death in wildly?

14 hours ago, Crux said:

:thinking:

shit my bad. THANK YOU FOR THAT. Been wanting that since i've started. 

PS: I was trashed and i only skimmed it when i first read. I appreciate the hard work! :D

day idk how many i cant maths but updates are working real well my mans hope you keep putting in more great content <3

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.