Sign in to follow this  
pk192837465

Gmaul Buff

11 posts in this topic

Currently gmaul is pretty much useless and it costs 2k blood money which is quite a bit. In my opinion I think it should be buffed. I was in semi max gear and hit 0s consistently.

You can get gmaul from gargoyles with the appropriate slayer level (75) and it is a 1/15 drop rate, so it's not hard to get. Tbh gmaul is a weapon that is supposed to be inconsistent. That's how it is in osrs. Sometimes you max, sometimes you hit all 0s. If it hit more consistently it would be too op. Considering you can spec with it at ANY time and it's cheap, I think it is in a good place right now. 

Also you have to consider, was the other guy in full dh? Because that means he has 300+ def bonus.. Which would be a good reason why you might hit 0s. 

Edited by V 4 N S

For a while now I believe the gmaul has been considered pretty bad.  I think maybe it should have an accuracy buff to help it out.

21 hours ago, V 4 N S said:

You can get gmaul from gargoyles with the appropriate slayer level (75) and it is a 1/15 drop rate, so it's not hard to get. Tbh gmaul is a weapon that is supposed to be inconsistent. That's how it is in osrs. Sometimes you max, sometimes you hit all 0s. If it hit more consistently it would be too op. Considering you can spec with it at ANY time and it's cheap, I think it is in a good place right now. 

Also you have to consider, was the other guy in full dh? Because that means he has 300+ def bonus.. Which would be a good reason why you might hit 0s. 

That drop rate has nothing to do with how good the weapons is. It's not inconsistent it just doesn't hit. If i'm in vestas and some1 is in full void I should hit a number every time. Not 0s

20 hours ago, Skillscape said:

For a while now I believe the gmaul has been considered pretty bad.  I think maybe it should have an accuracy buff to help it out.

That's exactly what I think

8 minutes ago, pk192837465 said:

That drop rate has nothing to do with how good the weapons is. It's not inconsistent it just doesn't hit. If i'm in vestas and some1 is in full void I should hit a number every time. Not 0s

Yeah that's true to an extent, but I've seen plenty of ppl in full max gear in osrs who hit full 0s. In this server, I got koed by someone with a 46-41 while I was wearing full dh. I've used it to ko people and others have done the same to me edge pking. Why shouldn't that happen on here? Also, I brought up the drop rate because you brought up how much it costs (2k bm) as if you were trying to justify how the weapon should be more useful. I was just trying to say that it's easier to get than the bm shop shows. 

Edited by V 4 N S

13 minutes ago, V 4 N S said:

Yeah that's true to an extent, but I've seen plenty of ppl in full max gear in osrs who hit full 0s. In this server, I got koed by someone with a 46-41 while I was wearing full dh. I've used it to ko people and others have done the same to me edge pking. Why shouldn't that happen on here? Also, I brought up the drop rate because you brought up how much it costs (2k bm) as if you were trying to justify how the weapon should be more useful. I was just trying to say that it's easier to get than the bm shop shows. 

If you've obtained 75 slayer and the drop rate is 1/15 that doesn't make them "cheap". I would never get 75 slayer because it's a waste of time in my eyes and so the value is still good regardless of that. People don't play private servers to literally play osrs they play private servers to get the best of rs without the bs. So just make it fun for pkers. All other servers with an active wildy have a working gmaul. You might not like vsing it but that doesn't mean it shouldn't work.

1 hour ago, pk192837465 said:

People don't play private servers to literally play osrs they play private servers to get the best of rs without the bs. So just make it fun for pkers.

Maybe you should make a forum post regarding accessibility for pkers. Personally, I am all for that, but there is a strong argument against that since this is an eco server. I know this because I tried to argue for more accessibility for pkers. The best response I got was putting d def in bm shop... lol. I didn't make a forum post about it though--my post was about how grindy the warrior's guild is. I thought it was unnecessary. 

1 hour ago, pk192837465 said:

All other servers with an active wildy have a working gmaul. You might not like vsing it but that doesn't mean it shouldn't work.

Regarding gmaul, I never said I don't like going up against it. I just said that I've seen it hit every time I've gone up against it

Edited by V 4 N S

4 hours ago, V 4 N S said:

Maybe you should make a forum post regarding accessibility for pkers. Personally, I am all for that, but there is a strong argument against that since this is an eco server. I know this because I tried to argue for more accessibility for pkers. The best response I got was putting d def in bm shop... lol. I didn't make a forum post about it though--my post was about how grindy the warrior's guild is. I thought it was unnecessary. 

Regarding gmaul, I never said I don't like going up against it. I just said that I've seen it hit every time I've gone up against it

Have you went against a gmaul recently? I haven't seen it hitting at all and i'm not using welfare.

Yeah, I just used it dhing yesterday and 3 hped someone who was half health. Idk maybe try using it a little more and see if that makes a difference. I'm gonna farm some gmauls and see if I notice they're weak or not. 

20 hours ago, pk192837465 said:

If you've obtained 75 slayer and the drop rate is 1/15 that doesn't make them "cheap". I would never get 75 slayer because it's a waste of time in my eyes and so the value is still good regardless of that. People don't play private servers to literally play osrs they play private servers to get the best of rs without the bs. So just make it fun for pkers. All other servers with an active wildy have a working gmaul. You might not like vsing it but that doesn't mean it shouldn't work.

side note: pvming/slaying on this server will make you a more successful pker than actually pking. You'll obtain loads of items to pk with.

Everyones points are very good in my opinion. Personally, I think the gmaul is in a good spot right now. I keep it with me pvming in the wild and it OCCASIONALLY puts down some damage for me but is very inaccurate. If it does get an accuracy boost, it should be VERY small.

Edited by Podge Pvm
  • Like 1